The 210 MI Earth Day Fest is back and better than ever. I had a great time at last year's festival and I am looking forward to taking my family back again this year. Here's a look at this year's schedule.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
The celebration will start off on Earth Day, April 22nd with a preview party that's open to the public. Admission to the party is $25 which will include hors d'oeuvres and drinks provided by Mind, Body & Spirits.
Friday, April 23 (4 p.m. - 7 p.m.), Saturday, April 24 (11 a.m. - 7 p.m.), Sunday, April 25 (11 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
MI Earth Day Fest
The biggest Earth Day celebration will take place this year on April 23 - April 25, 2010. The outdoor festival will be located at Third & Water Streets in downtown Rochester one block east of Main Street. Some of this year's events and exhibits will include:
- The Wellness Way will feature exhibits from healthcare practitioners, health-related products, activities and free massages.
- Farmers’ Row will include exhibits from more than 30 local farmers and producers offering a wide variety of local, organic and natural food products, as well as other items produced locally.
- Auto Alley will be there with a wide variety of the latest electric, hybrid and bio-fueled automobiles, vehicles and equipment.
- Whole Foods Market will be selling offering healthy, natural/organic, delicious meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Oakland County Parks will offer fun activities including a climbing wall and nature walks on the beautiful Paint Creek and Clinton River Trails.
- Art fair tent, kids’ corner, petting farm, pony rides and face painting for a small fee.
Saturday, April 24, 2010 (10 AM)
MI Earth Day Parade
The parade will travel a half mile loop starting off at East & Third Streets, then north to University and back south on Water Street ending at the festival site. Performers, drummers, pets, dancers, portable displays and electric and hybrid vehicles are just some of the things you will see in the parade.
For more information please visit the MI Earth Day Fest Web Site at http://www.miearthday.com/ .
See you there!
04-15-2010 2:12 PM